Saturday, September 15, 2018

My Thoughts for the Week - Now in Video

I have been trying something new this week. When I have an idea or have some thoughts on marketing, I pull out my smartphone and make a video. It is my "Marketing Thought" journal for the 21st Century.


Like Gary Vaynerchuk says... "F@$&!*% Document!

1. True Engagement on Social Media


Your goal is to get share and comments over likes

Shares > Comments > Likes



2. The Importance of School Marketing


Let's face it... Ninety-five percent of your parents don't care about your school district. They care about where their kids go to school.

On average, children spend about 35 hours inside their schools per week. It is their second home. It is their second family. Because of this, parents are more likely to care about school communication and marketing than the district.



3. "I Don't Know"... Giving Power to the Parent


Telling the stories of your classroom gives parents the power to engage in conversation with their child when they get home each day.



4. Marketing is an Investment


It is critical that you convince your higher-ups through data that marketing is an investment, not an expense. 

So many people put marketing into the category of an expense on the balance sheet. This is not right. If done correctly, you should see a Return on Your Investment or ROI. 

Social media ads are a great and inexpensive way to do this. 



5. How Do I Reach Generation Z Part 1: Content


"In a meeting this morning the topic was how to reach 17-24 year olds that are not enrolled or interested in college. The person leading the meeting showed the brochure they had printed. Probably not the best way to engage that age group, but what is? Any ideas out there? Thanks."

I think this generation is very anti-ad and would rather have content that is going to help them make an informed decision about college or help them break barriers to college.

Here are some ideas you could implement:

Part 1: Content
  1. Guide to College Blog Written by Current Students
  2. Guide to College Podcast or Video Series
  3. Find Key influencers (not celebrities, but real Gen Z students) to help spread your content
  4. User-Generated Content from Students
  5. Twitch Channel with College Helpful Content - A video blog on Twitch (IRL)



6. How Do I Reach Generation Z Part 2: Ads


I think this generation is very anti-ad and would rather have content that is going to help them make an informed decision about college or help them break barriers to college.

Here are some ideas you could implement: 

ADS or Social Media
  1. YouTube Pre-Roll Ads 
  2. Twitch Ads 
  3. Snap-Chat  
  4. Get on Instagram and Tell a Story
  5. Instagram Ads 
  6. Events 

1 comment:

  1. Your article is accurate and I benefit. I have read many articles, but I found a lot of
    ideas in this article. Check my article on LIC help guide which help you to get best LIC insurance plans

    ReplyDelete